Tuesday, October 5, 2010

September Adventures!

Hey Guys! 


Sorry it took me so long to post another blog. Everything has been so crazy here and I finally have some free time before it gets busy again. The last month has flown by, as you can imagine it would study abroad. At some points I look back and cannot realize that I've only been here for a month! On the other hand, I also feel like this semester is flying by. 






As far as my time spent here is concerned, it goes as follows: Monday through Thursday, I get up for class at 8 (sometimes 8:30 if I'm being lazy) to be to school by 9. I normally have class until 5:30 and then I go over to someone's apartment for dinner. Someone I know is always having a dinner party so I just tag along and chip in a little food/cheese/wine as a contribution. Afterward, I do a little homework and then try to convince some of my friends to go out with me to mingle with the locals and dance a little. Friday through Sunday, I'm normally hanging out with as many people as possible and making the most out of the discotheques! There are some pretty good ones in Firenze, mainly Space which is just around the corner from my apartment! 




Two weekends ago we had a group trip to Sicily, which was AMAZING! We took an overnight train, which was an adventure in itself. Some people weren't too happy about it, but I was overly excited. It felt like a slumber party with all of my friends in the same train car. I would wander from compartment to compartment just talking and hanging out with people until finally drifting off to sleep in my little hanging cot. In Sicily, we went to the sea and swam, did a few tours, ate a delicious cannolo, and then swam some more! We had quite a lot of fun on the bus rides as well. 


Then last weekend I went to Roma with a few friends to visit another friend of ours. We stayed in a hotel right next to the Vatican. Roma is a gorgeous city with so much to do and not enough public transportation to do it in just a few days. The views from some of the higher points in Roma were astounding, along with the Colosseum, the Pantheon, the Spanish Steps, and the Trevi Fountain.  The nightlife in Roma is also a must do. We had just as much fun, if not more, at night at the Roman discotheques. There is so much to do and so much to see that you couldn't possibly do it all in any reasonable amount of time, so I would suggest picking out a few things you want to do and see and then make a return weekend trip if you want. 


Now that I have a little time to breathe before midterms, I'm trying to plan out adventures outside of Italy. I am going to Greece and Croatia for Fall Break on an eight day cruise and then Paris and London the second week of December, but I need to fill in the other weekends with some international adventures, hopefully Ireland, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, and some Scandinavian country.  

No comments:

Post a Comment