Monday, September 20, 2010

Amalfi Coast!

One of the perks of studying in Europe is the travel opportunities. This past weekend me and 6 of my friends went to the Amalfi Coast. While there we climber a 3,000 foot mountain on Capri (which I somehow did in gladiator sandals!), and the view from the top was breathtaking. We then rented a boat and my friends went cliff jumping, something that I was not prepeared to do but had a lot of fun watching. We went out in Sorrento the first night and met some locals who showed us the Sorrento beach. The next morning we got up early and took the bus to Positano. We again rented a boat and went swimming in the most beautiful water I have ever seen in my life. When we returned to Sorrento we had one of the most delicious meals I've ever had in my life. I don't know why everyone doesn't live on the Amalfi Coast, everything there is amazing. The last day we went to Pompei to see the ruins. It is unbelievable not only how the city was preserved but also that someone dug it up. The ruins were unlike anything I have ever seen before and it was really hard to grasp how long ago it was all built. Seeing the people (and dog) that were preserved in the volcanic ash was sad but I'm happy we got to see it and learn about what happened there. I can't wait to travel more and see more of the world. I don't think I've ever been to a more beautiful place, or ate so much good food, as I did this past weekend. As much as I loved the Amalfi Coast, I'm so happy to be back home in Firenze. I really feel like this is my home now and I enjoy every second of being here. Even my classes are enjoyable. All the teachers are so nice and friendly and the classes are very open and interactive. I love learning Italian and then being able to use it the same day in everyday life. I'm starting to feel like I never want to leave this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment